Open Floor Therapy in Motion Teacher Training will be in residence at the Madrona MindBody Institute
If you are not accepted into the current Open Floor Therapy in Motion Teacher Training and you are interested to learn more please go to Openfloor .
Madrona MindBody Institute is a moving arts sanctuary located in Port Townsend, Washington, an easy drive from Seattle. Our learning campus is unmatched with it’s exemplary movement space - the floor and space are entirely delicious. Group meals are provided with local cuisine. Housing offers stunning vistas of two mountain ranges and full horizons of pristine beaches.
Register for HOUSING & MEALS at Madrona MindBody
for AUGUST 20-29, 2018
We have housing at Fort Worden (1 minute walk to the dance space) reserved for this program. There are a few different accommodation types available. Linens and towels provided. Rates are based on 4pm arrival and 10am departure. Housing is available on a first come first serve basis, room options are limited so please book early to get the choice you want.
- Private Room with queen bed: $89/person per night (plus $10 surcharge per night plus tax) In a large house, shared but private bathrooms.
- FULL - Private Dorm room with one single twin bed $55/person per night (plus $10 surcharge per night plus tax) Shared bathrooms: Men's and Women's. - FULL
- Camping with your own tent at the Fort Worden camping site - $18/night (plus $10 surcharge)
- Sleeping Bag Option: On Madrona's Dance floor - $25/night (plus $10 surcharge) Limited
ON-CAMPUS MEALS are required and will be included in check out at an additional $50/day (plus tax) Meals included are breakfast, lunch and dinner, starting with dinner on the first day and including breakfast on the last day. (If you have special food requests we will do our best to accommodate your needs. Special requests, other than vegetarian, are an additional $5/day)
*Sales and room tax will be added to these prices at checkout.
Housing Check in is at 4:00pm on August 20.
Check out of rooms will be the last morning before your final session begins.
First Movement Session begins at 5:00pm
Madrona's accommodations offer a quality that blends comfort, simplicity and a peaceful setting into a combination that supports you in your training as well as the essential solo integration time that deepens your experience. Housing is within easy walking distance to the beach, forest trails and your program. Bathrooms are shared.
How to get Here! (Shuttle info and Directions)
Open Floor Movement Practice is a lively, sweaty, full-on dance inquiry:
- How can we move and include it all – feelings, other people, thoughts, wild passions, limitations?
- Can we use movement to soften the tight spots in our tender hearts and stretch our capacity for relationship?
- What happens if we turn old repetitive thoughts into choreography for creative dances?
We start small, end quiet. We respond to obstacles and mind the gaps. Ask, how am I now? What’s possible? Find direction. Add fire. Push the limit. Embrace paradox.
There's an essential movement language we all speak when we take these questions to the dance floor. We call on universal elements that are inherent in any moving body, such as breath, gravity, centering, expansion and contraction. This is the common ground that all embodiment practices share.
Open Floor is where the rubber meets the road – place for creative focus and loving attention. To learn more go to Open Floor
- For more information on Port Townsend and transportation, please visit Transportation & Directions
- Airporter SHUTTLE: To catch the Olympic Shuttle - plan to arrive to SeaTac (SEA - Seattle/Tacoma) airport no later than 12 noon. Shuttle leaves at 12:50 and arrives in Port Townsend at 4:05 pm.